There is no arguing with Mrs. Peace when she says it’s important for us to first understand God’s perspective about being a Christian wife. If our goal in life is to glorify God, the it is of great importance that we know and understand what glorifies Him!!
Understanding our role as wives can be a life changer!! Here are my favorite points from this chapter:
- Man and woman were both created in God’s image.
- Man and woman were created to fulfill different roles.
- A wife’s role is to glorify her husband.
- I was created for my husband.
- My husband is the one in charge. (He is accountable to God.)
- I am to model the church by being submissive and glorifying Christ and my husband.
On page 51 Martha told us it was our job to glorify our husbands. I actually wrote in the margin, “But, what does that look like?” You can probably imagine how happy I was when I reached page 55 and she had listed Ways A Wife May be the Glory of Her Husband!!
I took it a step farther and gave my husband the list to read and asked him if there were any that stood out to him.
His 2 favorites were:
- Willingly and cheerfully rearrange your schedule for him when necessary.
- Talk about him in a positive light to others. Do not slander him at all, even if what you are saying is true. (Slander by definition means giving false information, but I will try not to be bothered by that.)
My darling husband specifically said when he read each one of them he could think of examples I’d done for every one! I was so encouraged. I’m a terrible wife, in that I’m innately selfish and inconsiderate. I have to actively try to be selfless and serving. My husband telling me he see’s me put forth this effort was the most encouraging part of reading this chapter!!!
The truth is I was afraid to show him this list!! I was afraid for him to see what I knew I was supposed to be doing. He was so gracious and encouraging. I was so humbled and encouraged by Martha’s list and my husband’s kind words.
I would encourage you to share this list with your husband too!! He might give you areas to work on, or favorites, but it’s good to have his perspective!!!
Please comment if you are still with us!! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to stay up with our latest posts too!!