Today’s Post is a Guest Post from Carmen over at Carmen Homemaker.
Since I have ventured into the “All Natural World”, I have not been fully content with the smell of all my homemade products.
I have used homemade dryer sheets, consisting of a cloth pot holder with 10 drops of essential oil(s), but with little success. While I love the smells of various essential oils, you cannot smell them on your clothes once dried, so it really seems like a waste of oil.
Because laundry is one of my least favorite things to do I would like to have as few steps as possible AND expect a good return for my efforts.
This recipe is great!! This is the first recipe I’ve tried that left my clothes without any static cling too!!
Here is the recipe!
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups hair conditioner (I chose to go with an all natural, paraben-free conditioner sold at Sprouts for $7.99 for Fl Oz., see picture below)
1. Mix water, vinegar, and hair conditioner into a mixing container; stir. Do not shake it; it will cause foaming.
2. Once done stirring, pour into an empty 1 gallon container (I used an empty 1 gallon water bottle).
3. Enjoy your chemical-free fabric softener that leaves a good smelling aroma on your clothes with no static cling.
How to Use:
I shake the container one quick time to make sure the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour 1/4 cup into the washer during the rinse cycle.
- Purchase a fabric softener “downy” ball to release during the rinse cycle. ( “downy” ball way is my favorite!)
- Add to fabric softener compartment of your washer.