“It’s just 2 nights.”
“You can do this.”
And then a sweet prayer from the voice of my dear husband…
But I just sobbed.
“I don’t think I want you to ever leave again.” I whined between sobs.
It’s only been 10 days since our new little squish, who we all adore beyond anything we could have imagined, has entered the world. I tell myself what I would tell any other mother at this point.
“You JUST had a baby!!”
“Enjoy a little down time with your family!”
But when it is you…It’s more like…”OK…It’s been 10 WHOLE DAYS!! Do something productive. Get caught up with the chores.”
BUT…the reality is:
- My lady parts still hurt
- My insides are still achey.
- I just want to sit with my new baby girl and stare at her uninterrupted.
- I’m a weepy, emotional mess!
- I’m already tired of the “trying not to leak fluids routine” as I try to get from the shower to my clothes.
- My breasts are sore and tender.
- I NEVER want to have sex again.
- I feel like I’m neglecting my husband.
- My other children feel overwhelming.
- I’m feeling anti-social.
- I don’t want to ask for help!!
And you know what? This too shall pass. Everyone is fed and half the children are bathed and bedtime is less than 2 hours away. God is keeping me calm and I know women are praying for me. I can feel their prayers overflowing me with the Holy Spirit.
There really is SO much good!!
- I have friends who are AMAZING cooks who took the time to help fill our freezer before the baby even came.
- Even though this is baby number 6, we still received cards in the mail congratulating us on our new addition to the family.
- My children are SO very much in love with their new baby sister.. Our hearts are so full!!
- An amazing photographer friend took beautiful newborn pictures for us. She made us a super yummy dinner too!!
- New baby smells and sweet little girl clothes are filling our home again.
- We were blessed with a wonderfully good baby!!! She hardly fusses or cries and is a such a sweet little thing.
- I finally like my Moby!! I think I’ve used it more in the last 10 days than I ever have and it was purchased for me 3 children ago!!!
So remember dearest mommies…
Rest when you can.
Take help when it’s offered.
Remember you Father in heaven loves you and you can be completely dependent on Him to meet all your physical, spiritual and emotional needs!!
If this post was an encouragement to you or you could relate please join us on FB to stay up to date with all posts!!