Introduction to Cloth Diapering
When I found out we were expecting baby #2, my husband and I prayed and discussed cloth diapering.
There were MANY pros and cons. Let me start by saying, if we were in a position to financially fit natural, non-toxic disposable diapers like, Babyganics, Earth’s Best or Seventh Generation in our budget, I’d choose that over cloth diapering in a heartbeat. With that being said, here are the Pros and Cons.
- I KNOW what I am putting on my baby’s body
- We save thousands of my husband’s hard earned money
- Can purchase adjustable sizes and style
- Can use them on more than one child.
- YOU have to wash them(WAAAAAA!!!!),
- If YOU don’t rinse and/or wash them promptly(by day’s end), they can bring smell, (I have found the steps I list below to be the only way for my cloth diapers to be smell and stain free.)
Which cloth diapers I use:
- Review score of 4.5 almost everywhere I looked.
- Prefer the snap the style (reviews show velcro can cause irritation to baby’s skin and I didn’t want to take my chances.)
- I prefer to remove and place my own inserts to be able to soak and wash more thoroughly. (There are options to purchase an all in one cloth diaper)
- I make sure to adjust the size to fit my son, to avoid leaking. ( Leaking occurs when I have taken too long to change his diaper or if he had diarrhea. I try to change his diaper 6-8 times a day for best results.)
How many did I buy:
I have a total inventory of 35.
Stop by next week to see the steps I take to care for and wash…
If this post was helpful to you, please join us on Facebook.
If you have different products you use and love please share in our comments section!!!